Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
What is an EAP?
Typically an EAP is a free and confidential referral service for employees and families when they need help solving problems. But our EAP goes beyond that with an expanded set of services to help you and your family maintain a healthy work-life balance. Learn more>>
What kind of problems?
It runs the gamut. From life’s major problems such as grief and loss, addictions, or depression to vexing issues that zap your energy and keep you from focusing such as finding adequate daycare for your kids or dealing with an aging parent. During the free sessions an EAP counselor can help you:
- Identify or pinpoint the problem
- Find the right professional service or resource
- Prevent issues from snowballing into bigger problems
What work/life balance services does EAP offer?
The services offered include:
- Online access to work/life balance information and courses
- Financial and legal consultations
- A "Personal Assistant" to help with research, events and projects
- Referrals for community services and resources covering issues such as child care, elder care or students
How do you reach them?
Call 1-800-327-2255. This number is available 24/7 and all calls are completely confidential. Take advantage of online services>>
Address the Stress
When the Holidays Aren't So Merry - Coping with Holiday Stress and Depression
For many people the winter holiday season is a time filled with joy and excitement. For others, that excitement transforms into sadness, anxiety, loneliness or depression. James Meyer, Ph.D., manager at the Greece Mental Health Clinic, addresses three major causes of these negative emotions and offers a number of suggestions. And if the pressure gets to be too much, you always have an outside resources that can help – your Employee Assistance Program (aka your EAP at 1-800-327-2255).